The history of Henriques & Henriques, founded by João Gonçalves Henriques goes back to 1850. After his death in 1912, a partnership was created between his sons, Francisco Eduardo and João Joaquim Henriques, hence Henriques & Henriques. From then on, Henriques & Henriques played an important role in viticulture and wine making on the Island and in 1913, the family interests were established as a firm, and by 1925, the firm concentrated on shipping its own wines instead of supplying them to other shippers. Since then the Company uses the most recent technical innovations, but at the same time, maintains the family traditions of almost 200 years of producing finest Madeira wines. The full control of every aspect of its production has enabled H & H to nurture and sell wines of exceptional quality.