1888 Vallado ABF Very Old Port
One of the most prestigious wine houses in the Douro is the Quinta do Vallado, a farm that was owned by D. Antonia Adelaide Ferreira, the Ferreirinha, and that still remains in the hands of his descendants. The Vallado wines were unjustly forgotten and now naturally they recovered the lost time. They are a very important wine in the history of the Douro and they deserve to be in the top places.
Built in 1716, Quinta do Vallado is profiled with one of the oldest in the Douro. It is located near Régua, on the banks of the Corgo River. The destinations of this flagship farm is in the hands of João Alves Ribeiro and Francisco Ferreira, both descendants of Ferreirinha, and responsible for managing the company and Enology, respectively.
The bottling year may not correspond to the image shown.