1944 Burmester Colheita Port (old label)
In 1730, Henry Burmester and John Nash founded Burmester & Nash in London, which was dedicated to grain trading. In 1750, they moved to Vila Nova de Gaia and started shipping port wine to Europe and the British Isles. From generation to generation, they have stood out for the rigour and expertise they have devoted to Port Wine, raising the Burmester name to the highest level of quality and international recognition.
We may consider Burmester to be a specialist in vintages, with magnificent vintages that it has at its disposal and that it regularly releases. Still, its Vintage Ports are of excellent quality, showing their splendour in great vintage years.
At the end of the millennium, Burmester was acquired by the Sogevinus Group, which continues to eternalise brands created five centuries ago.