Château Pape Clément is one of the oldest Grands Crus of Bordeaux. His vineyard - the first harvests took place in 1252 - was implemented in the 12th century by Bertrand de Goth, younger of a noble family from Bordeaux region. Archbishop of Bordeaux, Bertrand de Got became Pope in 1305 under the name of Clement V. This is where the Château inherited its name from and its wine became an icon. Reconciling rich traditions and advanced techniques, the wines of Château Pape Clément are developed under the sign of the highest requirement. Through hard work, constant questioning, the alliance of tradition and innovation and outstanding terroir, the field produced in two colors exceptional wines. Located in Pessac, a few kilometers from Bordeaux, the vineyard of 63 ha covers a mixture of gravelly-sandy soils and clay-limestone soils on limestone subsoil rich in iron.