From the beginning of the 18th century it is now a reference point, not only for its beauty but also for its history and the quality of the wines it has always produced. Its interior is rich in 18th century tiles, and the typical marble of the region is also found all around. According to the story, the farm was acquired in times by D. João V to offer a courtesan, D. Maria, for whom he was hopelessly in love. It was this courtesan who gave the name to farm and to the wine that is currently produced. This farm is also known as Quinta do Carmo, because at a time after the construction of the house, a chapel dating from 1752 was built, dedicated and consecrated to Nossa Senhora do Carmo.