Quinta de Foz de Arouce is located in Lousã, in Beiras region. The rivers Arouce and Ceira run through the estate, which is also surrounded by the mountains of Lousã and Penela. The ancient documents kept at Quinta de Foz de Arouce state the estates belong to this family since the 18th century, but it is known that some constructions are older, because the original house has been destroyed twice by the fire. The chapel near the house has been founded by the Pope Benedict XIII in August 28th 1724. The culture of wine growing is known in this region since the occupation of the Iberian Peninsula by the Visigoths, and according to various legends among other precious goods King Arunce also kept wine at his castle in Lousã. At Quinta de Foz de Arouce, just like in other estates in Beiras region, vineyards and wine played a complementary role together with other cultures, like fruit production or livestock, that were just for own consumption but sometimes also for selling.