Quinta do Lagar Novo is located 35km from Lisbon, in Alenquer. It was acquired by the Elias Gonçalves de Carvalho family in the 1940s. The name Lagar Novo arose in 1742, at which time two wineries of stick and spindle were built. After 30 years of table grapes, in 2005, a new era begins, with the planting of four grape varieties. A year later the first grapes were vinified in the winery, three references that remain: Chardonnay, Viognier and 5ª of Lagar Novo. These were later joined by the Arinto and the Marsanne. Quinta do Lagar Novo has more than 200 harvests, in 5ha of vineyards, under the guidance of Luis de Carvalho, who counts on the commitment of his sons Tiago, João and Helena.