1960 Casal da Azenha red
This house was founded in 1898 by Antonio da Silva Bernardino Chitas in Azenhas do Mar. Over the early years, its sales were concentrated mainly in the region of Lisbon and export on a large scale to Brazil. Followed by his son, also Antonio Bernardino da Silva Chitas Junior and present by his grandson Antonio Bernardino Paulo da Silva, its sales are concentrated today, not only in domestic market but a large percentage in wine exports to several European countries and to the United States of America. It is a company proud of the numerous awards won - more than 60 between gold, silver, honorable mentions - in national and international competitions, rewarding the quality of its wines and its different brands: Colares Chitas, Casa da Azenha, Carunchosa, Ribamar e Paulo da Silva Garrafeiras. In 1994, the present owner, grandson of the founder, acquired a building of the wine region of Colares Cellars Salreu Viscount. The warehouse, built in 1920, in its origin stored their wines in large barrels. In 60 years the storage capacity has been extended to about one million liters, with the construction of large deposits.