2005 Château Gruaud Larose Saint-Julien red
The history of Château Gruaud Larose, which was then called Fond-Bedeau begins in 1725 and was administered by two Gruaud. After the death of Chevalier du Gruaud, his share of the estate passed to Joseph Sebastian de La Rose, who renamed it Gruaud-Larose. Between 1917 and 1935, the two castles were again united by the Cordier family, who also owned Château Lafaurie-Peyraguey and Château Talbot.
After successive years of uncertainty and different owners, Château Gruaud Larose was established, when Jacques Merlaut started in management, continuing to the present day.
With some 82 hectares of vineyards, the focus predates on the production of organic and biodynamic wines, following the needs of the environment while respecting it.