2007 Château Latour Les Forts de Latour Pauillac red
The Château Latour is located in the centre of the Médoc in the Bordeaux region and extends over 92 hectares of vineyard, the predominant grape variety of which is Cabernet Sauvignon.
Latour is a place full of history and ancestry, dating back to 1378, the year the land became the property of Gaucelme de Castillon who built a garrison fort 300 metres from the estuary to protect against attacks during the Hundred Years' War. The tower, named for La Tour, gave its name to the estate surrounding the fortress, which was in English hands until the Battle of Castillon in 1453, and was completely destroyed by the forces of the King of France. Unfortunately, the original tower no longer exists, but in 1620 another circular-shaped tower was erected, built by Simon Ledwidge, and became the symbol of the estate.