2007 Château Les Carmes Haut-Brion Pessac-Léognan red
In 1584, Jean de Pontac, the lord of Haut-Brion, donated several hectares of meadows and vineyards to the Carmelite Order. This donation led to the members of the congregation caring for the land for nearly two centuries in devotion to both their faith and wine production.
In 1840, the estate was bought by the Léon Colin family after being confiscated during the French Revolution. Their descendants, the Chantecailles, devoted years of work to enhancing the property, adding a chateau and landscaped grounds, before selling it to Patrice Pichet in 2010. From one family to another, these limited changes of ownership have helped preserve the spirit and magic of the place.